Hey everybody. Today, news broke that Pepsi will likely be bringing back Crystal Pepsi! I haven’t tried it because I’m sure any 20 year old bottle of soda will taste bad. But, if they do put it back on shelves, I will be more than willing to try it. With so many retro foods coming back, I thought I’d make a list of the things that I’ve wanted brought back from my childhood. I’ll list some honorable mentions at the bottom of some things I liked, but wouldn’t particularly want back (or maybe it has already came back).
1. Mountain Dew Livewire. I will admit without shame that I haul at least three bottles of these bad boys back any time I find them on a road trip. They are still around, but in very limited areas. Here, we only have Code Red, Voltage, White Out, Baja Blast, and Sangrita Blast. I’m very hopeful for DewShine, but I haven’t tried it yet. Yes, I’m kind of a Dew Junkie. Especially for Baja Blast slushies. Taco Bell must be making a fortune, I swear.
2. Dinosaur Egg Oatmeal. Pretty sure this was discontinued since I haven’t seen it since I was little. It was oatmeal with egg-shaped sugar cubes that melt when you microwave it and a little colored dinosaur comes out of the egg. It was so neat and fun. I mean what little kid (or one at heart) wouldn’t buy this??
3. Oreo O’s Cereal. This stuff could be described as diabetes in a box. It could be described as crack in a box. Either way, I want it back in a box. The cereal was literally Oreo’s!! Well, the cereal was shaped like Apple Jack’s and the filling was replaced with marshmallows but damn it was good!
And now, for the honorable mentions!
1. Wonderball. I loved these as a kid, but kids were choking on the little candies. For a while I remember them just putting stickers in them, but they were eventually completely pulled in the USA and only sold in Canada. I wouldn’t eat these as an adult (probably), but they were neat as a kid!
2. French Toast Crunch. They brought it back!! This was the food stuff right here. Syrup flavored cereal shaped like little toasts!
3. Guzzler “fruit” drinks. I remember having these as a kid. The name is very ironic because no kid would guzzle one of those kool-aid tasting things and I’m 100% sure there was no fruit juice whatsoever in them. I’m not sure if they still make them, but the only reason I drank them is to change my poop horrific colors and freak my mom out to no end. There;s no telling how much coloring was in those drinks, but I no longer have a desire for blue, green, or purple poop, so I definitely wouldn’t buy these. Ah, the hell we put our bodies through.
4. Surge soda. Because no list would be complete without it. It’s back!! Try it. It’s like Mountain Dew, but more like how Vault was.
Is anything missing from this list? What are some awesome things you ate as a kid that may or may not still be around? Comment below! Thanks for reading!